Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Passage of time and friendship

Youngsters chasing smiles,
Like the sun chasing its warmth.
You brought the wildness of New York,
I wrought of anger of my broken youth,
Yet there we were, chasing the sun.

Teenagers chasing carnal urges,
Loves and disappointments, shed our tears.
Learning our ways, gaining ourselves,
Mistakes made, lessons learned.
Yet to our counsel we kept.

We blinked, adulthood came, chased by time.
Different life paths taken,
This perpetual dance of life.
Silver strands of time visible on mirrors,
Yet I see youngters chasing the sun.

Looking at your child,
I see remnants of our youth.
Reminders of what was,
World and time have altered much,
Yet promises of future's constancy, in our eyes.

~ PAH ~

Dedicated to my best friend of 23 years...JAS..

No comments:

Post a Comment